<all> home dyno kit??

Mike Pitts mpitts at emi.net
Thu Jan 28 06:22:43 GMT 1999

>>This is because the 8192 sample time is maxed at about 8 frames/sec.

Not if you know how to send the command to directly read ram
locations a single byte at a time, rather than asking for the entire
diagnostic stream. 8-)

If I can get 64 bytes out 8 times per second, I should be able to
get between 128 and 256 samples per second interrogating just
two bytes (RPM and MPH).  So sample rate is not a problem.

The earlier post about poor resolution made a good point (25 RPM
and 1.0 MPH), you can however query the raw time between cam
sensor pulses and the raw VSS count and do your own math to get
as precise as you wish.  Or, at least I can do it with my PCM.

-Mike