Identify this chip

Ludis Langens ludis at cruzers.com
Thu Jan 28 07:35:07 GMT 1999

I'm trying to identify a little jelly bean chip in an ECM.  The pin
connections don't match anything in any data book I have.  I think it is
some sort of one-shot timer.  It is in a tiny 14 pin surface mount
package.  The GM part number is 48504 (or probably 16048504).  Here are
the pin connections:

 14       Power (VCC)
  7       Ground (GND)
  1       No connect - must be NC or an output
 11       No connect - must be NC or an output
  8 & 9   Connected together, these are driven by an active high global
          enable, thus they must be enable/set/reset inputs
 12 & 13  Connected together, these are probably driven by the time
          processor chip, they are probably timer trigger inputs
  3       Output which controls a quad driver stage which controls a
          fan relay, this is probably a "Q" output
  2 & 4   Connected together and enabling a second quad driver channel,
          one is probably a "~Q" output, the other may be a retrigger
          input
  5 & 6   Connected together, a 3.3 uF capacitor connects between these
          pins and ground
  10      Connected to 5 & 6 via a 301K 1% resistor

It would seem like this is a 74121 or similar, but the pinout is wrong.
Perhaps this is one of the chips whose pinout changed when it went to a
surface mount package.