Thermodynamics anybody???

espace talltom at effectnet.com
Thu Jan 28 10:12:13 GMT 1999

My books are long gone, along with my brain,(pass the cone shaped hat) and I'm curious
if anybody here has done much work with intercooler design. I've got a 3 liter engine
that I'm considering  building an intercooler system fer, and if anybody's got any
numbers about intercooler requirements I'd like to take a look. The way I see it,
I could use a heater core or a/c evaporator for the hot side, and some sort of radiator
on the cool side. I'm looking fer heat load caused by say 30psi intake pressure at 7k
rpm, and corrolating that to optimal collector and diffuser sizes.
  I've got a Audi radiator with a elec fan on it that would work for a diffuser, but seems
like overkill and is heavy, empty. They alos use an auxiliary radiator that's about 50%
bigger in area than a heater core(and a lot thinner) that would be ideal if it's enough
to do it.

  So allright guys, here's your chance to show off... prove me dumb...