2:1 Internal & Spur Gear

Dan Llewellyn2 DanLlwln at ix.netcom.com
Thu Jan 28 13:01:16 GMT 1999

I just need the single gear to gear ratio - it won't be a planetarysetup.  I
have already tried Browning, Boston, and a few others,
but their highest capacity stock gears are 5/16" face, straight cut,
and only good for a few horsepower.  I got a few quotes on
custom gears, but each quote was over $1,000 per gear (!).

I thought that if I could find some stock auto/truck gears that had the 2:1
ratio and meshed,  I could go to a junk yard or transmission shop
and pick some up inexpensively.  I have a GM350 internal gear with
66 teeth that only cost $10 - just don't have the matching spur gear.
Of course I am open to any other set that would work too.

Dan L