Looking for Honda ECM Information

Grant Swaim sureseal at nr.infi.net
Thu Jan 28 14:20:54 GMT 1999

Hi EFI Gurus,

I am new to the list and hope to be able to contribute some. I have
been in the Honda service industry for almost 20 years. I currently
develop specialty Honda tools and write Honda training material.

I write a fair amount on the Honda PGMFI system. My training
modules are written at a service tech level. I would like to include a
little more advanced information to keep the service pros interested.

I am particularly looking for engine control module (ECM) data. This
is the kind of stuff that Honda keeps under tight control. I know
some of you guys that have modified Hondas have more knowledge
of this than I do.

The specific information I am interested in is about the ECM
processing such as, how often does the processor read the inputs.
What was the difference in speed and power of the processor
before and after OBD-II. That type of information. Any information
would be greatly appreciated !

By the way, I see a lot of discussion about the Honda LAF sensor
in the archives. By the way Honda calls is a Lean Air Fuel sensor,
instead of a Linear Air Flow sensor. I have written a training article
on the sensor and you can see it at:

http://www.tech2tech.net/training/laf.htm

Happy Motoring,
Grant Swaim - Webmaster