Cubic Dollars

Clarence L.Snyder clare.snyder.on.ca at ibm.net
Thu Jan 28 14:36:38 GMT 1999

Greg Hermann wrote:

> >(snip)
>
> NEAT!!--But I still think that after some period of time, you need to file
> an official copy to COMPLETE the copyright process--Anybody know about this
> part??
>
> Greg

>From what I remember, here in Canada, copyright exists as soon as you
say it does. The cheapest way to prove and protect copyright is to mail
the ORIGINAL of the document, with copyright notice included, to
yourself by registered mail. DO NOT open it, and put it in your safe
deposit box. The content must NOT have been revealed publicly at any
time previous to this posting without the copyright notice, or the
copyright is unenforceable.
Trade marks and trade names are property and must be registered, as must
patents - but copyright is a "right"that belongs to you untill you
release it to the public as public domain.