replace an EPROM with an EEPROM?

Tedscj at aol.com Tedscj at aol.com
Fri Jan 29 22:10:27 GMT 1999

Has anyone tried to replace an Eprom with and EEprom?
Specifically, Replace the 27c256 in a Memcal with a 28256?
Does anyone know if it would work?  or is the pinout somehow different?
The reason I'm interested in doing this is because it would be more economical
and efficient.

Also, what do people do about removing and replacing their Eproms from the
Memcals when reprogramming them?  Do you solder in ZIF sockets?

I want to start lookin at and modifying my Memcal, but have never done any of
this stuff before.

Thanks,
Ted