EFI Questions

dzorde dzorde at geocities.com
Sun Jan 31 13:48:08 GMT 1999

Hi Bruce,

Its times like this I wish I had a digital camera.  Anyway, cooling temp is
84C (180F thermostat from memory).  I don't think I'm on too much advance
(8deg @1000rpm), although I have never checked what the total advance is at
max rpm.  But I do know anymore and it pings.  The greyness is close to the
light grey used in the Windows menu bars with a brown tint appearing.  I've
tried retarding the timing, which does result in the cars seeming slower to
work its ways through the revs.

But this keeps me getting back to the compression. The fact that the car
won't run properly if I reduce the fuel delivery (even though still reading
rich), could that be due to the extremely high compression ?

Dan     dzorde at soanar.com.au