Different Strokes

Clive Apps Techno-Logicals 416 510 0020 clive at problem.tantech.com
Sun Jan 31 19:30:06 GMT 1999

> Hi David,
>        It has been my experience that it does take less time for the engine to
> accelerate with a shorter stroke,,,but like you said the larger cu in will
> give more streetable torque and that would probably be the trade off I would
> take if I already had the parts as you do.....The biggest downfall of the 4"
> arm is the fact that you have very little(if any...was this 350 mains or 400?)
> journal overlap and if you are planning to make alot of hp(1000+) and/or
> rpm,,expect this crank to crack probably after 30 1/4 mile blasts.....just
> some experience....hth's
> -Carl Summers

build the 434
the torque of the large engine will do wonders to hide the turbo lag
limit RPM to about 5500-6000 max on the street and size to turbo to fit the
the application
you are probably looking for ~500 HP so find a trubo that can produce enough
airflow to make the 500-600 HP range and install it to spool up fast

Clive