1226870 ecm questions

Mikepoore at aol.com Mikepoore at aol.com
Wed Jul 7 19:10:12 GMT 1999

I am trying to link my laptop to the ecm datastream. I have learned that it
is 160bps and that a 10k resistor between the A and B terminals will put the
ecm into diagnostics mode.

I would like to write a program that I would share with everyone to analyze
oem systems in the field.

If anyone can answer the following questions, I would greatly appreciate it:

1. What are the communications parameters, i.e. data bits, stop bits, parity,
etc.

2. Does anyone know how to decode the data into useful information?

3. 160 bps is not a com port option on the menu. Can I just type it in and it
work?

4. Is there a handshake that must occur when initializing communication, or
do I just plug it in and start receiving?

5. I've seen Diacom advertised, but has anyone on the list has written
anything that might be similar?

Mike