EEC-IV PROBLEM WITH ACCELERATION

Paulinho pmateiro at hotpop.com
Wed Jul 14 15:47:08 GMT 1999

Hello Friends...
I'm from Brazil, and have a Volkswagen POINTER GTI 2000
but this engine uses eletronic injection FORD EEC-IV...(EFI, not SEFI) with
4 injectors.
When i turn on the engine and step accelerator (move the thortle)
engine respond immediately.... and i repet this step , and no problem
After 1 or 2 minutes , when i step the accelerator, engine
not respond immediately ...
I turn off the engine, turn on again, and accelerate the engine, it respond
immediately
so the delay to defect now is less, after 30 seconds , the problem return
and engine
not respond when i accelerate. (move the thortle)
My EEC-IV use a MAP (manifold absolute pressure)...
I check (run diagnostics) , and EEC return code 18
"18 = Check base timing & advance function - Timing Tests / Ignition TACH
signal erratic "

Some times, when i connect cable to diagnose the EEC, after ENGINE ID,
engine down...
So i replace TFI, and MAP, but no results, problem persists....
Can be HALL SENSOR ?

I would appreciate its help...

Bye
Paulo Mateiroh