I have some methanol questions.

Jörgen Karlsson jurg at 2.sbbs.se
Thu Jul 22 20:16:53 GMT 1999

First of all what is the octane rating of methanol?
I have heard figures ranging from 105 octane to 126 octane!

Will the corrosion be stopped If I blend 0.5% of 2stroke oil in the
methanol?
I am not sure that methanol and oil even mixes, if not; will 2stroke oil mix
in a 15%gas,85%methanol blend?

I plan to use two large (very large)injectors with methanol placed before
the throttle body, as secondary injectors. The primary injectors are placed
at the ports.

I will use five 40 lbs injectors as primaries (yes it is a I5 engine) and I
will start batch firing the methanol injectors and the primaries above
15psi. If the methanol distribution proves to be reliable I want to install
five methanol injectors in a port setup that provides all the fuel above
15psi.

Jörgen
jurg at 2.sbbs.se