BOUNCE diy_efi at esl.eng.ohio-state.edu: Admin request of type /\bcancel\b/i at line 4 (fwd)

Orin Eman orin at wolfenet.com
Wed Jul 28 22:55:59 GMT 1999

From: "Gary Derian" <gderian at oh.verio.com>
To: <diy_efi at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu>
Subject: Re: DIY_EFI Digest V4 #437
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 1999 17:05:34 -0400

The biggest problem with pressurizing a carb is the carb cannot compensate
for increased air density and will go way lean as boost goes up.  You can
fool it by closing way down on the air correction jets so the carb goes way
rich at high air flow but than you have two wrong things trying to cancel
each other out.  It usually doesn't work well, but it can work.  It goes
without saying that everything in the carb has to reference boost, fuel
pressure, float bowl, air jets and including the throttle shafts.  You must
seal or pressurize the throttle shafts otherwise fuel will leak out under
boost.

Carbs behave better when used as draw through but that introduces a
different set of problems.

Gary Derian <gderian at oh.verio.com>

> Hi all,
>
> With the list in digest mode it seems the mail has really slowed down.
Anyway,