#437 Carby / supercharger

dzorde at erggroup.com dzorde at erggroup.com
Thu Jul 29 00:53:08 GMT 1999

I've seen the crushed floats as well, although they were the plastic variety,
this one is brass so I think it should be OK.  According to all calculations
there should be around 16-18psi boost (if the s/c can sustain it).  I was
thinking of a 3 port regulator but don't know if they come in anything as low as
6-8psi for a carby.  Actually talked to a guy last night who told me that there
is a mechanical pump available, that drives of the crank belt so that pressure
increases as revs increases.

I will be efi'ing the car if the set-up works.  At the moment I don't know if
it'll work and so I don't want to spend money and time trying to get an efi
system going until I have proven that the engine will last and it can generate
enough power to make the car competitive.

I still haven't quite comprehended the carby thing yet, but pressurising the
whole setup does seem to work till boost exceed fuel pressure at which stage it
obviously runs out of fuel.  As for a tbi unit, I'm sure I could make a system
of a small Jap car work.

Thanks for the effort up to this stage.

Dan  dzorde at erggroup.com