Haltech temp sensor

Rob Gallant Rx7Rob at ibm.net
Thu Jul 29 11:21:47 GMT 1999

Hi Dan;

The sensor from my Haltech F3 is an LM335.  The stock sensor wasn't reading accurately enough for me.  I
picked up a replacement 335 but went with the options for higher accuracy, wider temp range, and metal
case. (I don't remember exactly what that part number was).  The most direct heat path for these things is
along the wire leads.  The metal case unit was supposed to minimize that problem.  I mounted it inside a
piece of threaded nylon with the case exposed out the end.  This will minimize conduction from the
manifold.

Haltech didn't run any compensation with 335.  I added a trim pot and calibrated the sensor.

--
Rob
MailTo:Rx7Rob at ibm.net