Turbo'd s.b. chev...in a 69 Camaro? maybe?

Aaron Willis darkmonahue at awwwsome.com
Tue Jun 1 21:38:42 GMT 1999

At 02:48 PM 6/1/99 -0700, you wrote:

>I thought all GN's were posi's, this one musta been a limited slip or
>somethin...
>
>LATER!,
>
>Todd....

	OOOOH, Todd, now you've done it...hit me right on the Pet Peeve button!!
	POSI (Positraction) is nothing but Chevrolet's brand name for
limited-slip...I constantly encounter people (metric hammer users) who
insist that "Posi" is a technical term for any non-open diff, while
"limited slip" means an open diff..."limited" meaning it slips until you
let off the throttle.  I am thinking of going to the term "UNlimited slip"
to help clarify this concept...

	Aaron Willis
	ICQ #27386985
	AOL IM: hemiyota