PIC Programmer

Dave Williams dave.williams at chaos.lrk.ar.us
Tue Jun 1 23:26:49 GMT 1999

-> > "traditional" microprocessor. In general a Basic Stamp (or similar)
-> is NOT > suitable for an EFI project.

 I've been looking at that.  The Stamp-II has enough speed, gazintas,
and gazoutas to handle a simple delta-TPS system with batch fire.  It
would need ancillary circuitry to interpret RPM into something the Stamp
can deal with.  Most common temp and TPS sensors are supplied with their
own grounds and power, but could be run directly to ground to work as
variable resistors instead of variable voltage.

 I agree it's not suitable for anything very sophisticated, but for a
simple Holley Pro-Jection-sorta system the Stamp would work.