Mugen ECU question and ID ?

Chris Wilson chris at formula3.demon.co.uk
Wed Jun 2 19:25:05 GMT 1999

Hello EFI,

  I have an ECU from a Mugen Honda Formula 3 engine, of circa 1988
  vintage. I am told it is closely based onm an early 80's Honda road
  car unit, maybe the Accord. There is a single LED that flashes fault
  codes, and although it is almost certainly in a custome Mugen case,
  with MIL standard connectors, and a PROM access window, the board
  may be a standard unit. I have one good one, and one dead one. Could
  any Honda gurus have a look at 3 pictures of the unit on my web
  pages, and see if they can ID it? What are the chances of it being
  repairable? It is totally dead, and flashes a 10 flash fault code,
  which I believe means no trigger signal. There is in fact a trigger
  signal, substituting another ECU results in a fully functioning
  system.

  Any ideas who / where could fix it? Mugen consider this a dinosaur,
  and have no interest. It would be worth my while spending a fair
  amount of money in getting it fixed.

  Thanks. Pictures are:

  http://www.formula3.demon.co.uk/mugen1.jpg

  http://www.formula3.demon.co.uk/mugen2.jpg

  http://www.formula3.demon.co.uk/mugen3.jpg

  The battery shown is an AA cell, for size comparison.

  Thanks for *any* help :-)

--

Best Regards,
 Chris