Best Chevy EFI engine

Michael Selig mbs at itw.com
Thu Jun 3 02:38:49 GMT 1999

I am looking to do  a couple engine swaps in the near future.  I would like
to put a Vortec or equivalvent TPI engine in a Hummer.  This needs to have
an RV cam and lots of low end torque to move that 68k lb alum shell around
on the rocks and such.

My question is:  What is the best all around chevy engine and car,
 year --to approach an auto salvage yard to acquire the engine harness and
computer, and everything complete that is needed, all in one shot.

I believe that camaros came with it in 1989.  Or should one look to take one
out of later blazer or suburban..??

My stock 350 TBI from the Hummer could probably be replanted in the a 79 CJ
5.  Would be nice to upgrade it to TPI.

What is your advise??

-------------------------------------
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad
judgment.

"Reality will kill you unless you deal with it through myths and metaphors."
Ray Bradbury

Learn from the mistakes of others.
You can't live long enough to make them all yourself.

"This Millenium was for practice.
Next one counts!"

Life's a journey, not a destination.. Enjoy the pitstops and maximize the
straights

Laws of Life:
1) Don't sweat the small stuff.
2) Everything is small stuff.

"Love may be blind, but marriage is a real eye-opener"

Michael Selig, MD, FACC.
www.lifelinecardiology.com