Best Chevy EFI engine

Frederic Breitwieser frederic at xephic.dynip.com
Thu Jun 3 03:12:45 GMT 1999

> an RV cam and lots of low end torque to move that 68k lb alum shell around
> on the rocks and such.

Big Block, or a small block with a turbo, or a big block with two
turbos.  I did the latter successfully.

> computer, and everything complete that is needed, all in one shot.

If you can find a motor home engine, you'll find the least radical cam
installed... and there is nothing stopping you from taking such a cam,
or ordering one from your favorite engine part supplier, and shoving it
into a Camaro, Vette, or other high performance 350V8.

Me, I'd get the cam aftermarket that suits your purposes, then slap it
in the nicest, smoothest sounding junkyard engine that has _good_ oil
pressure.