Knock sensors

David A. Cooley n5xmt at bellsouth.net
Thu Jun 3 10:50:59 GMT 1999

At 09:49 PM 6/2/99 -0800, you wrote:

>My gear drive Ford 2.8 (EEC-IV w/ carb) uses a knock sensor.  It also
>has solid (click, click, click) lifters.  The knock sensor is screwed
>into a standoff that screws into the side skirt of the block.  I'm not
>sure if the standoff is for noise isolation or to adapt between SAE
>threads on the KS and metric in the block.  BTW, the standoff is, um,
>press together.

Ludis,
Is the 2.8 pumped up any?
My brother had a 74 ford Mustang II with the 2.8 and a 4 speed... Pretty
doggy stock.
He put on an offenhouser manifold with the 4 bbl top, an Isky torquer cam,
10:1 pistons, ported and polished heads with larger valves, headers, and a
holly 390 race only mechanical secondary carb.  The thing would wind to
8000RPM with no problem and would beat most any stock to mildly modified V8.
           David Cooley N5XMT           Internet: N5XMT at bellsouth.net
   Sponges grow in the ocean... Wonder how deep it would be if they didn't?!