OBD2 solutions

David A. Cooley n5xmt at bellsouth.net
Thu Jun 3 10:56:25 GMT 1999

At 01:37 AM 6/3/99 -0400, you wrote:

> Thanks all for your inputs.
>
> >I dont thing the stock
> >ECM runs into limits, rather the sides of the injectors required to
> >fuel things make the idle bad.
>
> This is good.  I didn't know that larger injectors made potentially rough
> idles.  Its stuff like this that I need to know.

They don't if you set the injector constant in the PCM properly, and haven't
gone to an injector so big that the minimum pulse width of the PCM is rich-rich
for the idle

> >idled beautifully... BLM at 128 and INT bouncing between 127 and 129.
> >WOT was very pleasant as well with the injectors only about 60% duty cycle.
>
> Ummm.... BLM?  INT?  Big Loud Motor?  Impressive New Trailer?

BLM is long term fuel correction... closer to 128, the closer to "perfect" the
fuel delivery is( in the ECM's terms)... higher than 128 indicates a constantly
lean mixture that is being compensated for, lower than 128 is a constant rich
mixture that is being compensated for.
INT is the integrator or short term fuel correction. (It's values make the BLM
change to try to keep INT at or near 128)

           David Cooley N5XMT           Internet: N5XMT at bellsouth.net
   Sponges grow in the ocean... Wonder how deep it would be if they didn't?!