To Todd

Todd....!! atc347 at c-com.net
Thu Jun 3 22:15:14 GMT 1999

Well Fred,

Thanks for the exact model # of the welder ya picked up, will see how
much they are aroun these parts...

ALSO, I don't believe EITHER of us think of our hand made cars as
HOBBIES....  A HOBBY carist would 'do' a car like a Fiero body
swap(re-body), or VW kit(Dune Buggy) and the like, ya know?

We are not they....!!

I'll most likely be using an older 70-81 Camaro for my
suspension/chassis which will reduce my cost considerably.... MAY even
use parts of the original body as support for the Defender 'glass ....

Just yesterday evening, when I brought my wife's Stratus back to the
dealer that we purchased it from so they could have it back(The wife
doesn't want it anymore...  A SILVER Viper GTS ACR(Racer) with 5 point
harnesses and all was sittin on the showroom floor!!

When lookin at it the width of the Viper isn't too far off of that of an
older style Camaro....

Will verify the differences 'tween the two widths heights, and lengths
for designing purposes, but they seem to be pretty close.... Rim offset
can contribute to any differences....

ALSO, there's a few XJ6's in teh junk yards around here currently, may
have to snag one or two of their IRS and install one in the first or
second Defender just to make it look and ride like the REAL Viper...

Wonder how much tehy'd take for the entire rear....

BTW, just fyi, the Jag XJ6's have a two peice driveshaft from the
factory, DON'T EVER reatin the dual driveshaft when swappin in ANY kinda
V-8 into the mix, the thing's center u-joint BANGS HARD up against the
trans tunnel under ANY sort of over OEM accelleration and torque...

It's bothersome with my 455 Buick, but it holds none the less....

Can't WAIT to F.I. and Turbo the Mopar as well!

Take er easy....

LATER!

Todd....

--------