metric to english conversion

Greg Hermann bearbvd at sni.net
Fri Jun 4 02:19:10 GMT 1999

>But we CAN'T go metric.  All the football and baseball fields would have to
>change.
>
>Gary Derian <gderian at oh.verio.com>
>

>> I grew up outside the US, with the metric system, and I can't believe
>> how hard we make life for ourselves here in the USA by sticking to the
>> English system, which even the English don't use any more!
>>
>> -John Carri

Given all of the bureaucratic nonsense that ISO has come up with, I'm just
as glad for us to have a system of units that is insulated from idiotic
French bureaucracy and "world" politics!!  IMO , USS, SAE, and NPT thread
standards are generally better designs that ALL of the various DIN, JIS,
French, and Italian metric thread junk. Also, the inch (and both numerical
and decimal fractions thereof) are VERY much more practical scale units for
machine work and tolerancing than mms. ever will be, thank you very much.

Regards, Greg