Using ABS Hall sensor setup as speed sensor

Paul Campbell campbels at letu.edu
Fri Jun 4 17:43:05 GMT 1999

------=_NextPart_000_000E_01BEAE87.B33D2760

Hello all, I have been monitoring this wonderful list for some time now =
and am impressed with the variety and depth everyone brings to the =
cybertable.

I am interested in setting up a hall sensor on a nondriven wheel to be =
used as a speed (i.e. RPM) sensor. All it has to do is give me on/off =
output and my program will do the rest. My question is, are there any =
ABS units I might look at. There are two main criteria: 1) has to be =
somewhat universal in that it can be interchanged onto a variety of cars =
with minimal fabrication(although, even if one certain setup isn't =
necessarily universal, one could possibly find one for whatever type of =
car they have). 2) it must be readily available and inexpensive.=20

I would like to test this on a late model mustang (fox body) so if =
anyone has any specific suggestions on other cars that might swap over =
their sensors that would get me started.

If there is anyone with general Hall Sensor suggestions that would be =
great too. I am considering the ABS setup because of possible junkyard =
availablility. .=20

Thanks

Paul Campbell
campbels at letu.edu

------=_NextPart_000_000E_01BEAE87.B33D2760

<HTML>
<HEAD>

http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2>Hello all, I have been monitoring =
this wonderful=20
list for some time now and am impressed with the variety and depth =
everyone=20
brings to the cybertable.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2>I am interested in setting up a hall =
sensor on a=20
nondriven wheel to be used as a speed (i.e. RPM) sensor. All it has to =
do is=20
give me on/off output and my program will do the rest. My question is, =
are there=20
any ABS units I might look at. There are two main criteria: 1) has to be =

somewhat universal in that it can be interchanged onto a variety of cars =
with=20
minimal fabrication(although, even if one certain setup isn't =
necessarily=20
universal, one could possibly find one for whatever type of car they =
have). 2)=20
it must be readily available and inexpensive. </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>I would like to test this on a late model mustang =
(fox body)=20
so if anyone has any specific suggestions on other cars that might swap =
over=20
their sensors that would get me started.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>If there is anyone with general Hall Sensor =
suggestions that=20
would be great too. I am considering the ABS setup because of possible =
junkyard=20
availablility. . </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Thanks</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Paul Campbell</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2><A=20
href=3D"mailto:campbels at letu.edu">campbels at letu.edu</A></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_000E_01BEAE87.B33D2760--