Metric essay

Bill Edgeworth bedgew at ix.netcom.com
Sat Jun 5 16:59:19 GMT 1999

> You really have to come up with alot better arguments than this.
> I do understand that it is very hard to change, and that it is expensive.
> But don't start with this human body crap it is just ridiculous.
>
> The metric system is by far the most logic and easy to use system.

I would agree I just wont state it quite so strongly.
I have some experience in this matter. I grew up in Canada and was a teenager
when Canada went to the metric system (si) the first year was painful, but was
very easy to work with in day to day life and at work after learning the system.
And is not hard to relate things to example 1liter of water weighs about 1 kg
and it occupies an area 10 cm x 10 cm x 10 cm.
I now live in the USA and am quite surprised by the difficulty people have with
the system. Hard to teach an old dog new tricks!
>From what I know of recent US history on this subject the US was going to go
metric until the government realized the cost of changing many millions of road
signs.

Bill Edgeworth