Injector geometry

Dave Williams dave.williams at chaos.lrk.ar.us
Sun Jun 6 14:06:21 GMT 1999

-> I am ready to poke some holes for injectors in my mopar 440 tunnel
-> ram. My question is it appears that I will not be able position the
-> injectors to point directly at the back of the intake valve. How
-> important is this?

 Well, to hear the talking heads babble, it's critically important.

 In practice, engines like the small block Chevy and Ford with port
injection mount the injectors so they squirt on the opposite wall at 45
degrees or so, which is about as much as they can angle the injectors
without kinking the intake runners around the injector bodies.

==dave.williams at chaos.lrk.ar.us======================================
I've got a secret / I've been hiding / under my skin / | Who are you?
my heart is human / my blood is boiling / my brain IBM |   who, who?