beginner-how to ID chips?

Programmer nwester at eidnet.org
Sun Jun 6 18:06:01 GMT 1999

Shannen,

I know what he's going through--the GM chips don't have the "normal" numbers
on them. If Greg is reading along, pretty much all the GM choices are going
to be 27C32, 27C125, 27C256 and 27C512--don't recall running into a 27C64 on
anything. I've run into Proms with a raised window--I think those ones are
25C32--in some older 1987 and down Proms. You'll also find on the 1991 and
prior 27C32's may program easier with a 27C32A setting on the programmer
(whichever one you may have). Try reading the stock chip first with the
different settings--after you get a knack for seeing what the "deciphered"
program is supposed to look like in the editor, this'll be another clue as
to the correct setting.

Hope this helps