Metric essay

Pat Ford pford at qnx.com
Mon Jun 7 13:15:53 GMT 1999

Previously, you (Fredrik Skog) wrote:
> On Sat, 5 Jun 1999 Regnirps at aol.com wrote:

snip

> And Fahrenheit....even the americans don't know how
> it works.

no? that was one of the first things covered in 1st year chemistry
at Queens U.

> Alot of people I have talked to on the internet don't know the
> exact Fahrenheit for boiling water.

varies with baro pressure

>..and I don't blame them...there are
> not logic whatsoever in the scale.

there is if you drink or distill your own liquer

> As far as precision goes you are allowed to use like 20.5 degrees, is that
> too hard?
> And about the kilo. You americans use that all the time. In car adds it
> says 200k miles and I can buy it for 30k$. So I guess you know what it
> means.
>
> You really have to come up with alot better arguments than this.
> I do understand that it is very hard to change, and that it is expensive.
> But don't start with this human body crap it is just ridiculous.
>
> The metric system is by far the most logic and easy to use system.

the problem is that most americans don't like dividing by 10, 16 and 64 are
better for them ( an excuse for needing a calculator)

once again ducking and running for cover

Pat Ford                           email: pford at qnx.com
QNX Software Systems, Ltd.           WWW: http://www.qnx.com
(613) 591-0931      (voice)         mail: 175 Terrence Matthews
(613) 591-3579      (fax)                 Kanata, Ontario, Canada K2M 1W8