Injectors

David A. Cooley n5xmt at amsat.org
Mon Jun 7 16:33:30 GMT 1999

>Hi Bruce,
>
>Just ran across this e-mail again and just wanted to ask ya what the
>BIGGEST injector flow you've ever heard of is?
>
>My buddy said he tried runnin like 7X. lb/hr injectors in his OVER
>souped up Shelby Charger Turbo, but he couldn't get it to idle without
>MAJOR jolting of the car(And his neck).. So he put in some 5X. lb/hr
>injectors which gave him good idle and pretty good top end wihtout goin
>too lean...

I have heard of 100 lb/hr injectors, but never known anyone to use them...
there are some people in the Buick GN area that have run 82 lb/hr injectors
with minimal degradation in Idle quality... but by the time they run an
injector that big, they have a heavily modified motor that idles at 1200 or
so RPM anyway...