Metric essay

Gary Derian gderian at oh.verio.com
Mon Jun 7 17:40:46 GMT 1999

Fahrenheit sent his thermometer to a friend in Scandinavia who marked the
coldest temperature of the winter.  He called that zero.  He then measured
his body temperature (he must have been a bit feverish that day) and called
that 100.

Not arbitrary but close.  Not alcohol either.

Gary Derian <gderian at oh.verio.com>