10,000 rpm v8 (how about Pro Stock?)

Todd....!! atc347 at c-com.net
Mon Jun 7 22:11:50 GMT 1999

Didn't know that about the turnouts on the ford truck, never seen it,
will keep a closer eye out for it in the future...would that be on the
SPLASH or what?

You can get from 0 to up to 50 hp with exhaust system mods alone,
depending on the app...

ALSO, I know that truck exhaust laws are WAY more lenient than they are
for cars...

With this in mind, what production CARS have ya seen with the turn outs
in front of the rear tires?  American or not?  Any?  I can't think of
any?  Would be cool if there were, maybe someone will remember/know of
some???  Just wonderin....

As for the exhaust makin a car a race car, I dunno, would have to be opn
for interpretation (as most things are) however, if I ran my Superbee's
440 with open headers, a LOT(MOST) people would think it's a race car
just due to that lil mod...

But as far as the:
AAR Cuda ('American Auto Racing')(340 6-pac(3-2-barrels!)) So it has a
SUPER hi-po induction as wel las a SUPER free flowing exhaust, with
solid lifters, race paint job, etc, etc.. It's a BORN racer, Designed
and builst to be a racer, I'd say that makes it a race car, in every
sense of the word)
T/A Challenger (Track and ...) About the same package as the AAR...

and then the

1968 Race Hemi Cudas and Darts (The factory called em RACE hemi's vs.
the regular ol hemi's of the day for a reason... They put the sticker
not for 'public hiway use' for a reason as well, I don't think these
behemoths were even insurable and NON of the Race Hemi's came with any
sort of warranties, because the factory KNEW what these cars were going
to be used for, the purpose they were DESIGNED and BUILT for, to RACE!

Then there's the Superbird and Daytona Chargers, SPECIAL nose cones as
well as a 5+ ft. HUMONGOUS rear spoiler were part of the NASCAR circuit
package... Built SPECIFICALLY to be RACED on the NASCAR circuit, these
were DEFINITE race cars, built from the factory and good for 200+ mph on
the big oval....

DEFINITE race car's in every sense of the word....

the 1969 DZ302 Camaro, and some of the yenko's etc could be considered a
kindof race car, but some of these were aftermarket(Not produced at the
factory, but at the dealer or outsourced at some custom shop, like hurst
maybe?) so some of those are open to debate as being FACTORY racers or
not...

The Viper GTS-R and Viper ACR are two factory race cars as well...

ALSO noticed that the General Motors Group has a new Racer Vette to try
n spank the Racer Viper GTS-R(The 'R' is for RACE!)

The Vette's called the C5-R

Link to the Viper racers and the Vette racers:
http://members.tripod.com/NickSmith18/viper.htm

Take er easy mang!

Just so I'll know, what exactly IS your definition of a factory race
car?

LATER!

Todd....

--------