10,000 rpm v8 (how about Pro Stock?)

David A. Cooley n5xmt at bellsouth.net
Mon Jun 7 22:31:12 GMT 1999

At 04:51 PM 6/7/99 -0700, you wrote:
>Didn't know that about the turnouts on the ford truck, never seen it,
>will keep a closer eye out for it in the future...would that be on the
>SPLASH or what?

All new F150's

>You can get from 0 to up to 50 hp with exhaust system mods alone,
>depending on the app...

I've seen those numbers claimed before, but without tuning the rest of the
combo, Fuel, Ignition timing etc to take advantage of the improved
breathing, opening the exhaust and making it freer flowing can actually
hurt performance.

>ALSO, I know that truck exhaust laws are WAY more lenient than they are
>for cars...
>
>With this in mind, what production CARS have ya seen with the turn outs
>in front of the rear tires?  American or not?  Any?  I can't think of
>any?  Would be cool if there were, maybe someone will remember/know of
>some???  Just wonderin....

I believe AMC had one, can't remember the model or year.

>Just so I'll know, what exactly IS your definition of a factory race
>car?

Any car sold through a factory showroom/dealership that is entered into any
class of professional racing without any mods added to the factory
configuration.  Even the Dodge Neon ACR is considered a factory race car,
but it was for ACR class SCCA racing... they accelerate well for a 2.0L 4
cyl, but it also depends on what class of racing... I personally think
anyone can drive in circles all day, and NASCAR bores the hell out of me.
Strap me into a 2000 pound missile with 6000HP and point me in a straight
line for 1/4 mile and that's what I call racing!
           David Cooley N5XMT           Internet: N5XMT at bellsouth.net
   Sponges grow in the ocean... Wonder how deep it would be if they didn't?!