10,000 rpm v8 (how about Pro Stock?)

Aaron Willis darkmonahue at awwwsome.com
Tue Jun 8 06:14:41 GMT 1999

At 07:43 PM 6/7/99 -0700, you wrote:
>BUT - the race Hemi's (and race Wedges) were not available to the general
public.

	No.  Sorry, I only meant to say that their DESIGN, not state of tune, was
competition-oriented.

 None of these engines would even start to
>approach 10 grand on your tach, anyway.

	Sure, I bet not.  For the record, i doubt very much that anybody's street
V8 is gonna ever see 10K...just hitting the thread where I can here!!

>The street Hemi's  were OK for Grandma to drive, and were a dime a dozen (in
>comparison), but could hardly be considered quick; same for the run of the
mill 427
>and 454 BBC's.
>rap

	With so many different 427s and 454s available, the doggier ones were I'm
sure NOT quick.  But the hot ones...makes me wish I was alive back then!
Ah well...

	Aaron Willis
	ICQ #27386985
	AOL IM: hemiyota