Topic scan tool bin files

Bill Kibbe bkibbe at getus.com
Tue Jun 8 23:01:31 GMT 1999

Hello group,
    I am currently using a  Hickok NGS New Generation Star Tester for my EEC IV
and EEC V work. Since I work for Ford, I am using the Ford specific version of
software. Since Ford announced this month that NGS is now no longer the "Ford
Specific" scan tool starting with the new LS 2000 Lincoln introduced this month.
So Ford will no longer support the NGS tool starting July 1st. That means no more
software updates will be provided on a monthly basis on the SBTS update disk.
Instead Ford will be introducing the WDS (World Diagnostic System) next month.
    Here is my problem, I would like to make a couple of backup PCMCIA program
cards for my NGS in case my personal cards get lost or damaged. So far I have
been
able to copy the bin files from the program card to a floppy disk. However I run
into problems when i try to load these files on to a generic PCMCIA flash card.I
get a JEDIA-OP error. I am using the same CardTalk software that the SBST uses to
upgrade
the Hickok cards.  What I would like to find out is if anyone knows if there is
software available to decode bin files so I can identify the programs on the
card. Or any other suggestions that may enable me to transfer these files.