Edelbrock TBI conversion to PI

David Sagers dls2867 at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 9 00:17:19 GMT 1999

Last night I was looking thru the new Jeg’s catalog and saw the Edelbrock
kit for converting a GM TBI to a port injection system, includes manifold,
injectors, fuel pump...

The description says that it uses the TBI computer.  Now Edelbrock makes
some fine intake manifolds, but the total cost on the kit is some $1100.

Since I already own most of the parts for a TPI intake, I am  wondering how
to make the TBI computer for my ‘92 SBC Suburban fire all eight injectors if
I install the TPI.  Is it as simple as a harness that plugs into the
existing TBI harness or is there more to it?

Seems that a computer designed to drive two TBI injectors would lack
something necessary to drive eight TPI injectors, maybe that’s why the kit
is $1,000.

What else to I need to change to make the TPI conversion?  Would I be better
off buying the Painless Wiring harness and using a TPI computer instead of
the TBI computer?