o2 price?

David Cooley n5xmt at bellsouth.net
Wed Jun 9 15:50:37 GMT 1999

At 04:17 PM 6/9/99 +0100, you wrote:
>Can you elaborate a bit more on what the extreme problems with the ECM are.

The sensor, not being grounded to the outer shell, causes the inputs to the
ECM to "float"... mine went to -2.5 volts and made the ECM thing the engine
was starving for fuel...  The ECM compensated by going full rich and the
engine started chugging, missing and pouring black smoke out the
exhaust.  At first I thought the new O2 sensor was bad and made autozone
give me a new one... same thing... After a couple hours of playing, I
hooked a wire from ground to the wire that should have been grounded to the
shell of the O2 sensor and it ran right.  Pulled it out and checked with an
ohm meter, and it was totally isolated from the shell... Checked the old
AC, and the low side of the sensor was connected directly to the
shell.  Bought a new AC and all was well again.

>When you say they are isolated from ground do you mean the ground wire is
>not physically connected to the outer metal casing?

Exactly!

David Cooley N5XMT Internet: N5XMT at bellsouth.net
Packet: N5XMT at KQ4LO.#INT.NC.USA.NA T.A.P.R. Member #7068
We are Borg... Prepare to be assimilated!