Injectors

Frederic Breitwieser frederic at xephic.dynip.com
Wed Jun 9 17:51:47 GMT 1999

> If you can get 850 hp out of a 3.8, if we use the same hp/L or hp/cu.
> in., 850 hp/230 cu in = 3.69 hp / cu in!

Its actually 4.1L, which is 252cid plus a .030 overbore.

> If we take my 452(.060 over 440) and use the same ratio of 3.69 hp/cu.
> in. we'd get a WHOPPIN 3.69 * 452 = 1,670!
> However, I only WANT about 1,000 hp, at least for not, that's an easily

That's a very easy attainable goal - and because the journals are as
large as they are, mostly forged parts, should be a survivable
combination, though certainly not so friendly on the street depending
how you achieve this power.  With forced induction, while mroe complex
to set up initially and certainly tune, you can have "mild manners" on
the street because you don't want a lot of cam overlap for a boosted
engine.  Overlap makes more power in the higher RPMs when the fuel/air
charge have a sort of flow/rhythm to it... though at the lower RPMs,
the engine barely runs.

> 1. So, how much is a haltech unit?

Used about 600-800 bucks, new its about a grand-ish.

> 2. As well as the prices of all the sensors and injectors from the
> j-yard?

The Haltech and Electromotive use GM sensors, so you can use junkyard
GM sensors, except for the MAP sensor... unless you can find a
Syclone/Typhoon GM truck in the junkyard intact - you would need a
2-bar sensor for over 14.7lbs of boost.

> 3. And what all sensors are required?

Map or MAF, water temp, cam or crank sensor (Theirs or MSD's is fine),
and of course, O2 sensors.  Remind me, I have the wiring diagram at
home for what we did for the Electromotive.  haltach is very similar,
different connection order, same sensors.

> As for the Haltech computer, I'd like to be able to use larger injectors
> in the future, is the haltech set on a certain spec'd
> injector(resistance, inductance, amps, volts, etc...?) or is it
> calabratable for ANY type of injector ya can throw at it?

Any high impedence injector can be throw into the mix for Haltach or
Electromotive.  YOu actually tell the software the rating of your
injectors, and it makes calculations based on projected flow.  So, get
as big or small as you like.

--

Frederic Breitwieser
Bridgeport CT 06606

1993 Supercharged Lincoln Continental
1989 HWMMV w/turbocharged 500cid Caddy
1975 Dodge D200 Club Cab soon to have 431 stroker + turbos
2000 (I hope) Buick GTP (Mid-Engined Sports Car)