Chrysler EFI

Thomas McCabe mccabet at mediaone.net
Wed Jun 9 23:50:02 GMT 1999

"M. Jones" wrote:

> Hello--
>
> Anybody out there doing anything with Chrysler systems?  The 5.2L in my Durango
> is probably the worst 'modern' engine control scheme I've yet driven.  It's
> lifeless and unresponsive below 2800 rpms, when it suddenly wakes up.  (It's so
> sudden that I don't believe it's cam specs causing it.)  Response on initial
> tip-in is good, until about a quarter of a second later, when it then feels
> like a lean condition sets in.  It then kind of sags and surges in a minor, but
> very annoying, way throughout the acceleration regime.
>
> A replacement O2 sensor did not correct the symptoms, and a friend with the
> same engine in his pickup reports the same behavior.
>
> Any ideas?

Yes, Sell it and buy a Chevy!  I'm tired of fighting Chryco over the
problems
with my '96 Dakota and the usual response : That's Normal, or you have
to live
with it.  Good Luck!  Chryco just lost a dedicated customer!

I think I'll stick to my FWD mopars.  At least I understand their
computers!

L8r
--
Thomas McCabe
-mccabet at mediaone.net
'85 D250, 340 on Propane, Auto
'89 Lebaron GTC, 2.2L Turbo II, A-555 5 Speed, MPSBEC
'91 Spirit R/T, 2.2L DOHC 16 Valve T3, A568 5 Speed, Anti-lock Brakes,
    Power Windows, Locks, Drivers Seat.
'96 Dakota SLT Club Cab, Brilliant Blue, 5.2L, Auto, 3.55 SG,
    Gibson Cat-Back Exhaust, ARE A-234 15x7 rims w/ Dunlop GT Qualifiers
    255R60-15, Molded running boards and flares, Lund bug shield, Cool
    Fronts, Ventvisors, and Extang Saber Tonnue cover.