speedo converter needed

Peter Gargano peter at ntserver.techedge.com.au
Thu Jun 10 05:31:13 GMT 1999

I don't have one, but..

A simple frequency converter, as described below, isn't a simple thing to
do accurately. An easy, all analogue way, is a frequency to voltage to
frequency converter. The bit in the middle could have a "volume" control
to account for gears, tyres, or whatever - perhaps even with switched
variable resistors that need be calibrated just the once.

A more complicated, but more accurate way involves a PIC (etc.) ...

--
Peter Gargano