efi project

cwagner at info2000.net cwagner at info2000.net
Fri Jun 11 01:36:57 GMT 1999

I am going to be making a fuel injection system for a 79 Dodge
Omni with the 1.7 L engine.  The reasoning is that the car is a
commuter car and needs to get good fuel mileage and good
emissions.  The original carb on the car is worn out from the
vibration of the engine, as a matter of fact, the main boosters are
loose in the venture barrels.  I am also doing this to get better at
doing such things.  The question I have is what kind of system
should I go with?  I would prefer to use throttle body injection but I
need to be able to reprogram the computer to work with this
engine.  Has anybody have any ideas?  Or should I just use a CIS
from a VW Rabbit.