o2 sensor

Roseanna Tisdale rbt1 at cris.com
Fri Jun 11 18:20:04 GMT 1999

Well, not sure of what younger folks are capable of these days, but I find
it hard to watch LCD numbers carefully while in the midst of a full
throttle run.  Actually, using the LED bargraph display is great - AND -
you can set the "window" of observed values to anywhere, any resolution, by
choosing the proper values for REF HI and REF LO on the chip.  REF LO does
not have to be 0 volts; can be 0.9v, with REF HI being 1.0v if that's the
range you want to observe.  I just use it for a ballpark indication of
what's going on; I prefer real-time recordings from the ALDL for later
analysis of exactly what's happening.  As others have stated, there's NO
close correlation to O2 values and nasty things happening in the engine &
you shouldn't rely too heavily on O2 readings.

FWIW - Barry