Embedded PC's and Dodge Trucks

Frederic Breitwieser frederic at xephic.dynip.com
Sat Jun 12 19:56:28 GMT 1999

> Either a Jake Brake or closed off it forced exhaust thru the intake
> manifold crossover to heat the carb

Well, its an OEM manifold, so I'd imagine its to heat the carb.  There
are 3/4" tubing that cross connects to rear of the two cast iron
manifolds, which in the center of this tube, there is a welded "T"
junction that goes over the driver side head/intake area to an air pump,
which has two large tubes coming off the other side of the pump, which
go over the water pump, underneath the motor mount and the passenger
side exhaust manifold, to the back of the block where they were cut when
I got the motor.  I would "guess" since the motor is an 88, these two
tubes that are cut go to catalytic converter(s), to inject air.
However, I haven't seen the air intake for the pump, just the three
hoses.

Its all going away, as I don't need it in my 75 truck because there are
no more emmissions testing on the vehicle.  That, and the stroker I've
been working on will go in "any day" now.  This is yet another 318 just
to keep the truck running and useful until I get things squared away on
the stroker.  I decided to finish the EFI before I install the stroker
engine into the truck, rather than slap a carb on it and play later.
Might as well do it right the first time.

I do like the 88 bracketry for the accessories much better than the 75
stuff - there are two large plates, that pretty much everything bolts
to, rather than individual brackets for each accessory as in the
original 75 motor, and the mid 80's one I shoved in there a few months
ago.

The first one had a massive crack in the block which became a hole, and
had oil pressure problems, and the second motor was fine until the
middle of the week where I get absolutely no oil pressure, and now its
making horrible scraping / clanging / clunking / smacking sounds.  I
almost can't wait to open it up and see if the bearings are gone, or of
something larger "fell off".

See, everything on this truck falls off, nothing breaks the normal way,
at least so far.