61 Corvette TPI conversion

Ludis Langens ludis at cruzers.com
Mon Jun 14 14:57:51 GMT 1999

Dan Plaskett wrote:
> I am
> using a 727 out of an 88 Cutlass so I was using the ECM connector
> diagram for the Corvette L98 off of the FTP site.
> [...]
> If so my connectors are different colors.
> [...]
> Do I need to get a ECM
> terminal end view for the Cutlass or can I just substitute my color
> connectors and assume the pinouts are the same?

The different color connectors are keyed different and/or implement a
different set of harness connections.  If you look at your ECM, you'll
notice that each of the four connectors is keyed different.  Looking at
the plugs, not all of the 22 pins will have wire connections - some will
have a rubber plug, while others don't even have a hole in the plastic
where a wire could terminate.  Some (all?) of the four connectors have
multiple versions of plugs, each with a different set of blocked holes.
Each variation uses a different color.  You'll need to check your
application to decide which variation(s) you need to use.

(Hmmm, I wonder if GM has a generic service plug which allows access to
all of the 22 pins.)