Dual fuel PFI rails....

Squash realsquash at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 15 14:36:44 GMT 1999

--- Barry Tisdale <btisdale at cybersol.com> wrote:

> Question comes down to: can two parallel holes of
> 5/16" dia. be drilled in a 1" x 3/4" block, 9" long?
>  Guess I just need to try it; Al stock available
> locally, I have 9" metal lathe, just need a *long*
> 5/16" drill.  Guess the question *really* is, can
> *I* do it; probably very do-able by a pro!

9" long?  If you know someone who has a 4-jaw chuck
for your lathe or someone else's it should be a
cake-job.  If you use rectangular AL, you can also
drill it in a drill press w/o fancy brackets (for the
injector holes).

But wouldn't it be the same concept if you just
switched in the alternative fuel where the fuel feeds
into the rails?  Or are you going for a mixture of the
two?

> This letter turned out to be "thinking out loud" -
> guess I'll just have to tool up & try it; will fill
> those long winter months coming soon.......  I just
> thought someone, somewhere, must have done this &
> could offer tips & advice.

Long winter months coming soon?  You must live in
wisconsin.  We go from constuction right into winter.

Squash