Will Chevy Mount to GMTH425 Toronado/Eldorado Transaxle?

David A. Cooley n5xmt at bellsouth.net
Tue Jun 15 22:30:44 GMT 1999

At 06:19 PM 6/15/99 -0400, you wrote:

>On tidbit I do know is that the S10 4cy and 2.8 V6 use the front wheel
>drive so that you can use a 700R4 out of an S10 to make your northstar RWD
>or use the Stick shift set up if you want a manual tranny RWD northstar.

A word of warning here is the 4 cyl and 2.8 S10 manual or auto trans was
marginal at handling the low power of those two anemic engines... Put a
northstar in front of it and you'll blow parts all over the driveway.  If
you can get the 700 R4 case and put some heavy duty V8 guts into it, it may
last.
           David Cooley N5XMT           Internet: N5XMT at bellsouth.net
   Sponges grow in the ocean... Wonder how deep it would be if they didn't?!