Locating maps in an ECU

Shannen Durphey shannen at grolen.com
Wed Jun 16 03:20:56 GMT 1999

Charles Brooks wrote:

> I was looking over some of the stuff on the site and I've got an idea. If I simply plot EVERYTHING in the ECU I should be able to see all of the 2D/3D maps right? They should look like ramps or some sort of regular waveform. I'm not sure if that's right or not but I'll go ahead and try it and let you guys know what I get. Yesterday I was unable to find a serial cable long enough to get to the Data I/O PROM reader we have here at work, but I have one now :)  I'll dump the PROM at lunch and import the data to Excel and see what I can see.

FYI, there's an expensive piece of "tuning" software that does little
more than what you're thinking.  It's actually a 2d plot of everything
done in DOS.  Tables usually look like sawtooth patterns.  Something
that's helpful is the ability to load and compare two proms , both
with overlapping graphic plots and with a list of differing bytes and
their values.

Shannen