Will Chevy Mount to GMTH425 Toronado/Eldorado Transaxle?

Shannen Durphey shannen at grolen.com
Wed Jun 16 04:00:23 GMT 1999

Paul Tholey wrote:

> Here is the information as I know it to be true.
>
> GM TurboHydromatic 425 automatic transmission/transaxle as used
> >in the 1966-75 Oldsmobile Toronado

<snip>

> Or alternatively, will the Cadillac NorthStar engine mount
> >to the Cadillac transaxle that was used in the 1981-1984 Cadillac Eldorado
> >that was not the transverse mounted engine arrangement but was the engine

> I beleive this to be yes, but I can doble check for you if this is a
> serious option.

Same as Toro of that vintage.  BOP pattern.

> For more accurate info, check the archives!

Definitely!  There were a couple of threads discussing GM
engines/trans/bolt patterns at one time.
Try "GM Tranny Bolt Patterns", which was submitted by an engineer at
GM Powertrain, or "2.8L/3.1L AND 3.8L FWD same bellhousing pattern"
which is the thread that lead to the engineer's post.
Shannen