Subject: Not diy_efi....how to disable a computer carb or put in tbi

Shannen Durphey shannen at grolen.com
Wed Jun 16 05:06:51 GMT 1999

ARoss10661 at aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 6/15/99 10:13:48 AM Central Daylight Time,
> shannen at grolen.com writes:

<Snip>
  Feedback
>  carbs take some real skill, IMO, and the time you invest in them could
>  easily be replaced with time in a junkyard pulling parts for a tbi
>  swap.  Bruce P can tell ya stories about those carbs, I've just
>  started working on them in the last few years.
>  Shannen >>
>

> OK hers a question for everyone who thinks a tbi swap might be worth the
> trouble like off of a 305 chevy??
>
> Al
Hmm.  I forget what size engine/car you've got.  There are adapters
available to bolt the throttle body to a carburetor manifold.  You
should pick a donor engine with similar hp and displacement to yours.
GM TBI injector flow rates and some throttle body cfm ratings are in
the archives.  Bruce P posted the injector rates, I posted the CFM
ratings, and I think someone else added to my post.
Shannen