730/727 ecu file

Carsten Meyer cm at ct.heise.de
Wed Jun 16 17:04:17 GMT 1999

>I have been tinkering with the promedit program and have come up
>with an ecu file for the 730 and 727 computers.  It can be located in
>incoming under the name of 730_727.ecu and has a required txt file
>in the same name.  The text file has to do with any problems with
>the ecu file that can not be addressed for promedit.  Give it a try
>and let me know what you think.
>Chet Wagner

Chet,

thanks a lot for uploading your 730 ECU file. Since my '91 Z28 needs a
little silicon tuning due to newly installed headers and stuff (see
http://pweb.de.uu.net/pr-meyer.h/ and test my 7730 ALDL monitor prg), I
began to assemble my own ECU because no one was to be found on the net
before. Been not very successfully yet, it lacks some essential data like
fan on/off temps and so. Eventually, I made it to disable the dreaded speed
limiter. Thanks again for your work. BTW: conversion factor for idle rev
values is 12.5, not 25.

Do you know which variable has to be altered if wrong-sized injectors are
used? I had to dump the defective Lucas OEM parts and install cheap
aftermarket injectors which are a little too big (21 lbs vs. 19 lbs). That
unfortunately affects mileage (a _real_ issue in Germany). And I don't want
to fiddle with all the tables.
Mit freundlichen Gruessen

Carsten Meyer, Redaktion c't

Carsten R. Meyer, editorial staff        Tel: +49 (0)511 53 52-300
c't magazin fuer computertechnik         Fax: +49 (0)511 53 52-417
Verlag Heinz Heise GmbH & Co KG              EMail: cm at ct.heise.de
Helstorfer Str. 7               private EMail: stinkbovist at gmx.net
30625 Hannover
Germany                       http://www.heise.de/ct/Redaktion/cm/

Dieser Satz kein Verb.

/"\
\ /
 X  ASCII Ribbon Campaign -- Against HTML Mail
/ \